Ship displacement, how?
The "block coefficient" of a ship at any particular draft is the ratio of the volume of displacement at that draft to the volume of a rectangular block having the same overall length, breadth, and depth.
In the figure below, the shaded portion represents the volume of the ship’s displacement at the draft concerned, enclosed in a rectangular block having the same overall length, breadth, and depth.
You can follow James on LinkedIn.
- Deck Officer Jobs (107)
- Deck Rating Jobs (44)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (124)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (46)
- Catering Rating Jobs (35)
- Specialist Jobs (15)
- Other Maritime Jobs (84)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (15)
- Offshore Jobs (7)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (0)
- Other Offshore Jobs (0)