Difference between gross tonnage and net tonnage?
This is a common measurement of the total internal volume of a ship (holds, tanks, stores, E/R, bridge & accommodation & any close areas).
NT = GT – deductions for space occupied by crew accommodation, E/R, BRIDGE & TANKS. It represents space available for cargo & passengers.
The volume of all enclosed spaces of the ship.
The volume of all cargo-carrying space of the ship.
You can follow James on LinkedIn.
- Deck Officer Jobs (107)
- Deck Rating Jobs (25)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (135)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (16)
- Catering Rating Jobs (30)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (90)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (39)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (4)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (16)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (7)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (6)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (1)
- Offshore Jobs (18)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (3)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (4)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (3)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (0)
- Other Offshore Jobs (0)
Share this page: