Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch
- Course Type:
- Navigational Watch Rating
- Training School:
- Resolve Maritime Academy
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States of America
- 3 days
This 22.75-hour course is designed to satisfy the training requirements of USCG NVIC 06-14 and Regulations II/4 and Section A-II/4 of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, as amended.
The goal of this course is to provide trainees with knowledge and understanding of the duties and responsibilities of a Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (RFPNW), while in training under supervision to complete the necessary onboard assessments to acquire a STCW Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch endorsement.
This course supplements a period of required sea service of not less than 2 months, where trainees conduct related practical training associated with navigational watch-keeping.
Through this course, trainees will gain knowledge and understanding of the duties and responsibilities of an RFPNW.
Trainees successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Steer the ship and comply with helm orders in the English language
- Keep a proper look-out by sight and hearing
- Contribute to monitoring and controlling a safe watch
A course completion certificate will be issued to the student upon successful completion of all course requirements and assessments.
This course is open to all entry-level seafarers who wish to serve aboard sea-going vessels where an STCW endorsement as “Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch” is required.
Additionally, trainees will benefit from prior experience in:
• The bridge as a trainee
• Basic Training
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 25th February 2019 (12 places)
- 25th March 2019 (12 places)
- 29th April 2019 (12 places)
- 21st May 2019 (12 places)
- 24th June 2019 (12 places)
- 29th July 2019
- 26th August 2019 (12 places)
- 30th September 2019 (12 places)
- 28th October 2019 (12 places)
- 16th December 2019 (12 places)