Advanced Firefighting Course (STCW A-V-1-3)
£678 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Advanced Firefighting
- Training School:
- Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service - Training & Development Academy
- Croxteth, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- 4 days
To undertake this course you must have received an approved STCW95 Fire Prevention and Firefighting certificate and have served at sea on board a Merchant vessel for at least 6 months. This evidence must be produced when attending this coursein order to comply with STCW Maritime and Coastgaurd Agency Regulations.
This course is part of the training for deck and engineering officers and crew who are designated to control Firefighting operations
The theorectical and practical course covers Firfighting procedures at sea and in port. Emphasising on organising tactics and effective command and control.
The variety of practical training scenarios involving fighting fires of different types and intensity are included.An assessment will be in the form of written and oral exam via direct observation during simulated and practical scenarios.
- On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to understand:
- The principles of fire theory
- Theorectial and practical operations of fire extinguishing equipment
- Appreciation of the hazards involved in the firefighting at sea
- Fire prevention required on board ship
- Knowledge of first aid firefighting at sea using portable/semi-portable extinguishers
- Basic understanding of firefighting and fire party duties
- Understandng of fixed installations on ships at sea
- Search and rescue procedures and practical training exercise involving live fires
- The theory and use self-containes breathing apparatus sets
- Organising and planning of training for fire party team members
- Operational Procedures
- Ships stability including the effort of free surface effect of uncontrolled water
- Casualty handling
Certificates will be awarded to all successfully completing the course.Course accredited by the Marine and Coastgaurd Agency MCA.
Delegates undergoing firefighting training will be required to complete and sign a confidential medical declaration to make us aware of any health problems, disabilities or injuries that we may need to take into account whilst attending this phyiscally demanding course. It is therfore essentianl that delegates feel healthy and are physically fit to undertake such training.
Should you require any further information regarding courses MF&RS deliver please click on the Enquiries tab and send us a message.