Ship Security Officer
- Course Type:
- Ship Security Officer
- Training School:
- The Seamanship Centre
- Killybegs Harbour, County Donegal, Ireland
- 3 days
This course meets the requirements of SOLAS and the ISPS code in respect of Ship Security Officer training.
The course covers security both onboard the ship and the interface between ship, operating company and port facility.
- An introduction to the background of the ISPS Code and relevant legislation,
- The company security organisation, the roles of the CSO and SSO, security requirements and security administration,
- Ship security assessments, the ship security plan, methods of conducting audits and ship and port facility security measures,
- Behavioural patterns of people likely to threaten security,
- Recognition and detection of weapons.
- Testing and calibration of security equipment and systems.
- Cyber security (Special Module) Our Ship Surity Instructors have completed Cyber Security Training.
Assessment is continuous throughout the course.
Course duration is three days.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 29th April 2019 (12 places)
- 29th July 2019 (12 places)
- 29th October 2019 (12 places)