Operational Use of Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (A-II/1, A-II/2)
- Course Type:
- Training School:
- Novikontas Maritime College
- Rīga, Latvia
- 4 days
The course covers all subject areas recommended by IMO Model Courses 1.27 “The operational use of electronic chart display and information systems”.
The course is certified by Latvian Maritime Administration.
The ECDIS course covers the following topics:
- legal aspects and requirements
- principal types of electronic chart
- ECDIS data
- Presentation of ECDIS data
- Basic navigational functions and settings
- Specific functions for route planning
- Specific functions for root monitoring
- Display and function of other navigational information
- Errors in displayed data
- Errors of interpretation
- Status indications, indicators and alarms
- Integrity monitoring
- Risk of over-reliance on ECDIS.
To be assigned on ECDIS training course, participant should present national passport, seamen’s book, national license or educational diploma.