Training in Basic Liquified Gas Tanker Cargo Operations
- Course Type:
- Additional STCW courses
- Training School:
- LJMU Maritime Centre
- Birkenhead, Wirral, United Kingdom
- 2 days
Training in Basic Liquefied Gas Tanker Cargo Operations (STCW V/1-1 Para 1)
- MCA-approved MNTB Tanker Fire Fighting training
- Current ENG1 medical certificate or MCA-accepted equivalent
- 3 months’ approved seagoing service on liquefied gas tankers; and be assessed as meeting the learning objectives of the MNTB basic training for liquefied gas tanker cargo operations by a training centre approved by the MCA to deliver that programme; or
- Hold the four Basic Safety Training certificates (PST, PSSR, FP&FF, EFA)
End of course written assessment combined with observation of participation in group discussions.
Theory lectures, videos combined with practical group discussions and demonstrations
MCA under STCW Code V/1-1 Para 1
This course is a pre-requisite for seafarers seeking employment on gas tankers. Development in alignment with the MNTB standard, the course covers knowledge for:
- Safe cargo operation of a liquefied gas tanker.
- Precautions to prevent hazards.
- Occupational health and safety precautions and measures.
- Responding to emergencies.
- Pollution prevention of the environment from the release of liquefied gas.
- Candidates wishing obtain Dangerous Cargo Endorsement must also have attended Tanker Fire Fighting course prior to attending this course.