Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
- Course Type:
- Designated Security Duties
- Training School:
- LJMU Maritime Centre
- Birkenhead, Wirral, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Proficiency in Designated Security Duties Course (STCW A-VI/6-2)
Classroom theory sessions with some group exercises.
MCA as per the STCW Code sectionA-VI/6-2
This course provides mandatory security training required by personnel who are likely to be assigned designated security duties on-board ships to which the ISPS Code applies. The course covers the following learning outcomes:
- Importance of ship security and the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved.
- Security risk, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations.
- Capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems.
- Maintaining the measures in a ship security plan and related requirements.
- Maintain effective security, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, taking into account their limitations.
This course can be delivered in conjunction with the Basic Safety Training Courses (PST, PSSR, EFA and FP&FF) but can also be booked as a standalone course. Based upon company requirements, LJMU can also offer this course offsite.
Upon successful completion of the course, the candidates will be issued with a MCA approved course certificate which may be checked during port state control inspections.