DP Awareness Course
£1,550 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Dynamic Positioning Induction
- Training School:
- Kongsberg Maritime Ltd
- Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
- 5 days
After the course, the successful participants are able to:
- Define the principles of DP.
- Recognise the component parts of a DP system.
- Understand the relationship between vessel movement, position reference systems, sensors, computers, propulsion units and feedback.
- Understand the concept of redundancy.
- Understand the DP modes of control.
- Describe the operation of sensors and common position reference systems.
- Describe the operation of computers.
- Describe propulsion units, types and configurations.
- Understand power supply, redundancy and management.
- Practice communication and watch handover procedures.
Technical inspectors, fleet managers and other office or client personnel who have a need for general knowledge about dynamic positioning.
Please contact us for additional dates.
Kongsberg Maritime Ltd
Tel: (+44) 01224278400send message
Share this page: