Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats
£780 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Fast Rescue Boats
- Training School:
- South West Maritime Academy
- Cromhall, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- 3 days
To give seafarers who are required to take charge of a fast rescue boats the essential education and training to meet the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the following:
The FRB course covers:
- Understand the construction, maintenance, repair and outfitting of fast rescue boats
- Take charge of the launching equipment and appliance as commonly fitted, duringlaunching and recovery
- Take charge of a fast rescue boat as commonly fitted, during launching and recovery
- Take charge of a fast rescue boat after launching
- Operate a fast rescue boat engine
The FRB course looks to ensure understanding of and abilities in the following competancies:
1: The learner understands the construction and outfitting of fast rescue boat and associated equipment.
2: The learner can take charge of the fast rescue boat, launching equipment, release mechanism(s) and associated appliances during launching and recovery.
3: The learner knows the routine maintenance procedures for fast rescue boats and measures for contingency repairs.
4: The learner knows the procedures for use of a fast rescue boat in casualty recovery operations.
5: The learner can take charge of a fast rescue boat to effect search and rescue operations.
6: The learner knows how to prevent and manage capsize situations.
Upon successful completion certification will be provided approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency as meeting the requirements laid down in: Regulation VI/2, paragraph 1 and Section A-VI/2, paragraphs 5 and 6 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended and has also met the additional criteria specified in the STCW Convention and Code
Before commencing training, learners must have obtained a Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats). You must also be at least 18 years of age.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 19th November 2019 (8 places)