STCW Designated Security Duties
- Course Type:
- Designated Security Duties
- Training School:
- Fleetwood Offshore Survival Centre, Fleetwood Nautical Campus, Blackpool & The Fylde College
- Broadwater, Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
To give those on-board who do not have a designated security duty the essential educational and training meeting the Knowledge, Understanding and proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in chapter XI-2 SOLAS 1974, as amended and the International Ship and Port Facility security (ISPS) code. NB – Security awareness training must be undertaken by all seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on ships which are required to comply with the ISPS code.
In order to comply with STCW Maritime and Coastguard Agency regulations, all delegates attending Merchant Navy Courses must provide a Passport or Driving Licence when attending the centre. Failure to comply with this requirement will lead to a delay in the issue of Certificates.
Validity of certificate:
There is no expiry date on this certificate.
No Medical Declaration is required for this course.
Modules and Assessment
- Contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness
- Recognise security threats
- Understand the need for, and methods of maintaining security awareness and vigilance