STCW Advanced Fire Fighting Updating
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Advanced Firefighting
- Training School:
- Fleetwood Offshore Survival Centre, Fleetwood Nautical Campus, Blackpool & The Fylde College
- Broadwater, Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
To give all those seeking updating training certification for advanced firefighting the essential education and training set out in Table A-VI/3. Assessment will be made in the form of direct observation, oral questioning, simulated scenarios and a written examination.
Important Course Information:
In order to comply with STCW Maritime and Coastguard Agency regulations, all delegates attending Merchant Navy Courses must provide a Seaman’s Discharge Book, Passport or Driving Licence when attending the centre. Failure to comply with this requirement will lead to a delay in the issue of Certificates.
Validity of certificate:
Attention is drawn to the fact that parts of the course are of a physical nature. You will be required to complete a medical declaration when you attend your course.
- Must hold a current STCW Advanced Fire Fighting Certificate,
- Evidence of holding an Advanced Fire Fighting certificate can be the original certificate, certified stamp of completion of course in discharge book, OOW or higher COC, which must be brought as evidence.
- Those wishing to reduce the training time using Route 1 self-declaration for on-board training requirement form ANNEX (i),must have this completed and signed at the start of the course, failure to complete the self-declaration delegates will need to complete the whole day.
Modules and Assessment
- Control firefighting operations aboard ship
- Organise and train fire parties
- How to inspect and service fi re detection and extinguishing systems and equipment
- Investigate and compile reports on incidents involving fire