STCW Updating (Refresher) Block Training Course (Route 1)
£680 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Updated STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- City of Glasgow College
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- 4 days
The STCW Convention has been amended by the 2010 Manila Amendments which contains new training requirements. Seafarers are required to provide documentary evidence of having maintained the required standard of competence every 5 years in order to undertake jobs pertaining to emergency, occupational safety and survival functions.
There are two Routes for completing this course. Some parts of the updating training can be completed on-board a ship. Evidence of on-board updating is proven by signing the appropriate “self-declaration” form.
Route 1 is for those with previous on board training and will run for 3.5 days.
Route 2 is for those with no previous on board training and will run for 4 days.
The course is offered in partnership with Flagship Fire Fighting Training LTD (part of the Babcock International group).
City of Glasgow College can also offer Elementary First Aid (EFA) training as an optional bolt-on to the refresher training. The EFA will extend the training times given above by one additional day.
Monday (AM and PM)
Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques (PST).
Tuesday (AM and PM)
Updated Proficiency in Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention (FP&FF).
Wednesday (AM and PM)
Updated Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF).
Updated Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Crafts & Rescue Boats (CPSC) Route 1.
Classroom session only.
Friday (AM and PM)
Elementary First Aid (EFA).
Optional bolt-on to refresher training.
General entry requirements (both routes):
- Candidates must be able to provide evidence of having previously completed their basic training or equivalent.
- Candidates are required to be fit enough to undertake practical drills for all elements of the course.
- Candidates are asked to bring proof of identity and sea time at the start of the course.
Pre-requisites for Route 1:
- Proof of initial PSCRB Certificate.
- Signed self-declaration form confirming on board training requirements met as pre-requisite to attending the reduced hours entry route of the MCA approved update courses. MSN1865 (M) Annex C PSC&RB Self Declaration Form.
City of Glasgow College and Flagship Fire Fighting Training LTD will check all applications against the above eligibility criteria.