- Course Type:
- Crowd Management
- Training School:
- Glasgow Maritime Academy LLP
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
MCA approved STCW 2010 Crowd Management
Course Duration: 0.5 day
Entry Requirements: None
Course is open to personnel who are designated on Muster lists to assist passengers in emergency situations. This course has been designed to meet the requirements of Regulations V/2, paragraph 4 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978 as amended.
A certificate is issued by the college on the successful completion of the course on behalf of the Maritime Coastguard Agency.
There are three outcomes to the training
- Outcome 1: The learner is aware of shipboard life saving appliance and control plans.
- Outcome 2: The learner is able to assist passengers en route to muster and embarkation stations.
- Outcome 3: The learner is able to carry out mustering procedures.
After the course candidates will have the knowledge of:
- What constitutes a muster list, its location(s) and individual muster duties.
- Location of emergency exits.
- Restrictions on the use of elevators.
- Importance of giving clear reassuring orders and describe how to give them.
- Control passengers in corridors, staircases and passageways.
- Importance of keeping escape routes clear of obstructions.
- Methods of evacuating disabled persons and others needing special assistance
- How to conduct a search of accommodation spaces.
- Mustering procedures.
- Importance of keeping order.
- Procedures for reducing and avoiding panic.
- Use of passenger lists for evacuation counts.
- Need for passengers to be suitably clothed and identify what constitutes suitable clothing.
- Demonstrate, for the benefi t of others (i.e. passengers), how to correctly don a lifejacket.