Maritime Cyber Security Awareness
- Course Type:
- Cyber Security
- Training School:
- online course
- 1 day
This course is designed to raise awareness about cyber threats and countermeasures, focusing on the human factor in cyber security.
Certification and approval
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate.
The course is delivered through an online learning platform and consists of lectures, quizzes and case studies.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of cyber security for the maritime industry and the potential consequences of cyber threats and attacks
- Identify the main cyber security threats, actors, and motives that affect the maritime operations and assets
- Recognize the information and operational technology systems and devices that are vulnerable to cyber attacks and how they can be exploited
- Perform a cyber risk assessment and implement mitigation measures to protect the cyber systems and data onboard and ashore
- Comply with the relevant regulations, standards, and best practices that apply to cyber security in the maritime industry
- Develop a cyber security and safety management system that addresses the human factor and promotes a culture of cyber awareness and resilience
- Maritime Cyber Security Awareness
Regulations and guidelines
This course is based on the following regulations and guidelines:
- IMO MSC.1/Circ.1526 - Guidelines on Maritime Cyber Risk Management;
- IET Standards - Code of Practice: Cyber Security for Ships;
- The guidelines on cybersecurity onboard ships, V3.(BIMCO);
- US National Institute of Standards and Technology's Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Security
This course is suitable for anyone who works in the maritime industry. It can help you to understand the cyber risks and challenges that affect the maritime operations and how to prevent and respond to them.