Marine High Voltage (HV) at Management Level – Portsmouth
£995 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- High Voltage (Management)
- Training School:
- Maritime Skills Academy
- Portsmouth, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- 5 days
This course is certified / designed to meet the high voltage (HV) training requirements at management level contained in STCW 2010 Tables A-III/2 and A-III/6 for electrical, electronic and control systems.
The course is suitable for all shipboard and shore personnel who are involved with HV operations.
- Prior electrical or electro-technical experience in a shipboard environment or
- Have completed 12 months sea time as EOOW or
- Part of an initial electro-technical training programme.
The course utilises a blend of training room and practical training to deliver the following course objectives:
- The learner can manage high voltage operations on board a ship.
- State, and explain the need for, high voltage safety rules and procedures and documentation.
- The learner understands the high voltage distribution system and the importance of maintaining distribution capability.
- Explain the operational and safety features associated with high voltage electrical hazards.
- The learner can identify faults within a high voltage system and reconfigure the system to maintain supply.
- The Identification of fault levels and appropriate action in the case of a fault.
Maritime Skills Academy
Building 2000 Lakeside North Harbour
Tel: (+44) 03003038393send message
Share this page: