Advanced Firefighting Revalidation (Online)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Advanced Firefighting
- Training School:
- Northeast Maritime Institute
- Fairhaven, Massachusetts, United States of America
This Course is needed for currently licensed officers who have worked 1 year in the last 5 years who need to renew their Advanced Firefighting Training.
Students will take most of the course online and then come in to NMI for 1 day to take an exam and complete some case study work and table top exercises.
This course covers training to fulfill the revalidation requirements set by 46 CFR 11.201(h)(1) and 11.303 (d) and the standards of competence set forth in Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code. Applicants for renewal of their STCW officer endorsement who have evidence of 1 year (360 days) of sea service within the previous 5 years in combination with completion of this Advanced Firefighting Revalidation course will meet the requirements above and the following tasks from USCG NVIC 09-14: 1.3A, 1.5A, 2.1A, 2.1B, 3.1A, 3.1B, 4.1A, 4.1B and 4.1C..”
NOTE*** Per USCG requirements, upon completion of the online portion of this course, the user will be required to complete a final examination and complete assessment requirements at Northeast Maritime Institute. The online completion receipt will provide further details.
The course covers the following objectives:
- Control firefighting operations aboard ships
- Organize and train fire parties
- Inspect and service fire detection and extinguishing systems and equipment
- Investigate and compile reports on incidents involving fire