Manufacturer Approved Type Specific ECDIS Training
- Course Type:
- Training School:
- Glasgow Maritime Academy LLP
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- 5 days
Glasgow Martime Academy delivers type specific ECDIS training for many manufacturers every week.
Course Duration: 14 hours
Course dates: Every Week
Availibility: Available every week.
Course Eligibility: The minimum expected entry requirements are for candidates holding OOW certificate of competency and is intended for those who are required to hold an ECDIS certificate.
Course fee: £ 450 /- Standalone
The type-specific training course provides officers with the system knowledge required to use this ECDIS for watchkeeping in accordance with the regulations of STCW and the ISM Code. The guided course, with a duration of approx. 16 hours, covers the equipment familiarisation requirements of IMO Model Course 1.27 and MCA MIN 442 M+F for the functions and controls of the type specific ECDIS.
The course structure is as follows:
- Module 1: Functionality / Interface
- Module 2: ECDIS Basic Display Features
- Module 3: Sensors
- Module 4: Chart Work
- Module 5: Voyage Planning
- Module 6: Additional Info Display
- Module 7: Alarms
- Module 8: Chart Maintenance
- Module 9: Backup arrangements and Data Managment
- Module 10: Display of additional Info