Efficient Deck Hand (EDH)
£550 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- EDH (Efficient Deck Hand)
- Training School:
- South West Maritime Academy
- Cromhall, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- 4 days
The EDH is the qualifying examination for an Able Seafarer Deck Certificate.
The requirements for the EDH course have been amended to allow a more flexible approach for the yacht, workboat and fishing industry. The following certification and experience will permit entry on to an EDH course and examination.
- MCA accepted Yachtmaster Offshore certificates and shorebased course;
- Yacht rating with at least 6 months sea service and a steering certificate or Navigational Watch Rating certificate;
- Fishing Class 2 CoC or the Seafish 5 day watchkeeping course for under 16.5m fishing certificates;
- BML Tier 1 level 2 certificates; or
- Tug rating with at least 6 months sea time (which may be in categorised water) and a steering certificate or a Navigational Watch Rating certificate.
Certificate validity: This certificate does not expire
Certification: Upon successful completion you will be awarded an MCA approved certificate in Efficient Deck Hand
Please note before an EDH certificate can be issued a minimum of 6 month sea service in vessels of more than 15m is required.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 18th July 2023 (10 places)
- 14th August 2023 (10 places)
South West Maritime Academy
Share this page: