STCW 2010 BASIC Training in Oil & Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations (TBOC)
£540 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Tanker (Oil, LNG, LPG)
- Training School:
- Stream Marine Training Ltd.
- Paisley, United Kingdom
- 2 days
STCW 2010 BASIC Training in Oil & Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations - MCA Approved
Entry Requirements:Tanker Fire Fighting Course or (FPFF or AFF inclusive of Tanker firefighting component)
To give seafarers the essential education and training in tanker cargo operations to meet the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the specific part of the following: Table A-V/1-1-1.
• Function: Oil & chemical tanker cargo operations.
• Competence: Contribute to the safe cargo operation of oil and chemical tankers.
• Take precautions to prevent hazards.
• Apply occupational health and safety precautions and measures.
• Carry out firefighting operations.
• Respond to emergencies.
• Take precautions to prevent pollution of the environment from the release of oil and chemicals tankers.
There are three outcomes to the training:
• Outcome 1: The learner knows the properties of oil and chemicals and the hazards associated with them.
• Outcome 2: The learner is able to apply health, safety and environmental precautions and measures in working on oil and chemical tankers.
• Outcome 3: The learner can carry out safe oil and chemical tanker cargo operations.
• Relevant symbols according to the types of oil and chemicals carried on board oil and chemical tankers.
• Relationship between pressure and temperature, including vapour pressure/temperature.
• How an electrostatic charge may be generated.
• Hazards associated with oil and chemical cargoes.
• Inerting, drying agents and monitoring techniques.
• Hazard controls.
• Gas-measuring instruments.
• Safety equipment and protective devices.
• Safe working practices and procedures.
• Effects of oil chemical and liquefied gas pollution on human and marine life.
• Loading, unloading, care in transit, tank cleaning, purging, gas-freeing and inerting cargo.
• Different oil and chemical tanker types, including their general arrangement and construction
Award: MCA approved certificate
Revalidation: Not required
For group bookings call Stream Marine Training on 44 (0) 141 212 8777 for rates