DP Introduction Course
£1,188 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Dynamic Positioning Induction
- Training School:
- Kongsberg Maritime Ltd
- Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
- 2 days
The course provides knowledge about basic principles of Dynamic Positioning (DP) and the advantages and limitations that DP control of vessels offers.
After the course, the participants are able to explain the basic principles of Dynamic Positioning (DP) and the advantages and limitations that DP control of vessels offers.
- Role and Certification of DP operators
- The functions of a DP system, Vessel Model and DP principles
- DP system definitions, elements of a DP system, DP systems redundancy and Class Requirements
- IMCA guidance for DP vessel operation
- Rules and regulations
- DP Checklists and FMEA
- Demonstration and practical exercises
- Introduction to sensors and position reference systems and the DP system’s use of position measurements
- Vessel capability, DP consequence analysis and DP motion prediction
- DP Alert System
- Thrusters and manoeuvring systems
- Power systems and Blackout Prevention
- How to communicate with Kongsberg Maritime
- Customer Support Tools and Web documentation
- Open discussions
The training will be a combination of theoretical lessons and practical exercises. During the course each participant will have his own operator station with generic DP software.
In case you are entitled to order travel & accommodation package, you can check the content at our webpage
No special previous knowledge required.
2 days (14 hours)
Designed for fleet managers and other client, office, offshore, project or technical personnel who have a need for general knowledge about dynamic positioning.