Updated Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boat - UPSCRB
£199 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than Fast Rescue Boats)
- Training School:
- Fire Aid Academy Ltd
- Hythe, Southampton, United Kingdom
- 1 day
This course enables candidates to maintain the required standard of competence in survival craft and rescue boats (other than fast rescue boats).
This is a 1 day course comprising of theory and practical sessions, both in the classroom and at our waterside facility. Candidates are required to undertake practical drills in handling inflatable rescue boats, life boats and life rafts to achieve the following learning objective:
- Identify the dangers associated with the use of off-load and on-load release devices
- Demonstrate the correct operation of off-load and on-load release devices, including the correct resetting of both types of release devices.
- Identify and explain the correct operation of Fall Prevention/Secondary Safety Devices or their equivalent.
- Safely operate a survival craft engine.
- Safely take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch.
- Safely manage survivors and survival craft or rescue boat after abandoning ship.
- Rig and use locating devices including communication and signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics.
- Apply first aid to survivors.
- Describe the management of injured persons.
Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats certificate issued by any STCW country that the MCA accepts for the issue of a CEC
UK AB, Able Seafarer Deck (STCW II/4) Certificate
UK CoC (not including Master of Code Vessels)