Advanced Chemical Tanker Training (Edition 2) Code: 1267
£1,200 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Tanker (Oil, LNG, LPG)
- Training School:
- KVH Videotel
- online course
- 2 days
This course provides the specialist technical knowledge needed to serve on chemical tankers and be assigned specific duties relating to cargo handling and cargo equipment. The course is designed to meet the specialised training requirements for personnel on certain types of ship under Chapter V of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
Officers and ratings serving on chemical tankers and experienced officers and ratings transferring to chemical tankers from other specialised vessels.
- To impart sufficient knowledge of the practical application of the basic principles and concepts of safe chemical tanker cargo operations.
- To provide the specialised knowledge required to serve on chemical tankers and to be able to undertake specific duties relating to cargo and cargo equipment.
- To provide a course meeting the mandatory requirements of Regulation V/1-1 and Section A-V/1-1 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
Course Delivery and Assessment
This eLearning course is delivered using modern, interactive Computer Based Training (CBT) comprising text with (optional) English language voiceover, still photographs, video clips, animations and interactive exercises. Learners will follow simple onscreen instructions to progress through the course, testing their knowledge as they progress through a number of different subject modules.
There are 10 modules associated with the course:
- Physics and Chemistry
- Ship Design, Cargo Containment and Ballast Systems
- Cargo Handling Systems
- Cargo Handling and Ballast Operations
- Tank Cleaning Operations
- Safety and Pollution Prevention
- Emergency Procedures
The pass mark for all parts of this course is 70%.
It is estimated that 40 guided learning hours are required to complete this course. This includes the time needed to:
- follow the course and complete the onscreen tests
- carry out additional reading and research
- complete the written assignments
Candidates requiring STCW certification will need to complete and submit to KVH Videotel:
- an enrolment form (Form F1)
- evidence of meeting the course pre-requisites
- written assignments linked to the course modules
- a colour copy of the photo page of the candidate’s passport
Upon receiving correct documentation, the candidate’s work will be assessed by Flag approved assessors and a digital assessment report issued.
- Regulation V/1-2 and Section A-V/1-1 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
(For further information refer to the ‘STCW Convention and Code including 2010 Manila Amendments’, 2017 Edition).
- The SOLAS Convention
- The MARPOL Convention
For further information on this KVH Videotel course please contact our courses team.
Candidates should have completed recognised basic training for oil and chemical tanker cargo operations, such as the KVH Videotel Basic Oil and Chemical Tanker Training Course, and recognised training in tanker fire fighting*.
*not required if incorporated into a recognised course