MCA Approved STCW Personal Survival Techniques Update
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques
- Training School:
- Allabroad Maritime Academy
- Gibraltar, Spain
- 1 day
The STCW Personal Survival Techniques course (STCW PST) course is one of the four elements of the STCW Basic Safety Training course, it can be booked individually but more often it is booked as part of the full package. This course meets the STCW 2010 Manila amendments. The certificate is valid for five years from the date of issue and therefore requires updating.
The course covers personal protective equipment onboard vessels along with different life raft types and equipment. You will learn the actions prior to abandonment and the principals of in water survival techniques. The afternoon involves abandonment to life raft drills in our outdoor tanked salt water pool. You will wear life jackets and immersion suits and preform in water drills along with righting and entering a life raft.
Course Approvals & Course Pre-Requisites:
MCA UK to STCW A-VI/1-1. Personnel attending this course are required to be at least 16 years of age and hold a valid ENG1 medical certificate. The practical element of this course contains some excersises that are physically demanding. If you are in doubt about your fitness you should consult your doctor prior to attendance.
0845 until 1800 Thursday
This course is non-residential; accommodation options are available locally for those that require.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 2nd June 2022 (12 places)
- 16th June 2022 (12 places)
- 7th July 2022 (12 places)
- 21st July 2022 (12 places)
- 11th August 2022 (12 places)
- 25th August 2022 (12 places)
- 8th September 2022 (12 places)
- 22nd September 2022 (12 places)
- 6th October 2022 (12 places)
- 20th October 2022 (12 places)
- 3rd November 2022 (12 places)
- 17th November 2022 (12 places)
- 1st December 2022 (12 places)
- 15th December 2022 (12 places)