Medical First Aid Aboard Ship
£462 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Medical First Aid
- Training School:
- East Coast College, Lowestoft
- Lowestoft, Suffolk, United Kingdom
- 4 days
This course is a requirement for seafarers wishing to progress at sea as a rating or become an Officer of the Watch (OOW). The course is comprehensive and includes:
- Construction and functions of the various parts of the human body
- Medical stores carried on ships
- General principles relating to pharmacology
- The principles for dealing with accidents or other medical emergencies
- The application of immediate first aid in the event of accident or illness
- Assessment is continuous via multiple questionnaires during the course and an oral/practical examination.
If successful, candidates will be awarded a certificate which meets the performance criteria laid down for Medical First Aid Aboard Ship in accordance with Regulation V1/4 of the annex of the STCW convention and section A -V1/4 (1-3) of the STCW Code and the Merchant Shipping (Training and Certification) Regulations 1997. These standards are approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA).