Fire Prevention & Firefighting Course (STCW A-V1-2)
£558 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Fire Prevention and Firefighting (Basic)
- Training School:
- Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service - Training & Development Academy
- Croxteth, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- 3 days
This training is part of the mandatory basic safety training for all seafarers with designated duties in the operation of the ship. Training must be under taken by new entrants to the Maritime Industry.
Open to all who are physically fit and are able to undertake the practical training. The required minimum age is 16 years.
The course consists of theoretical and pratcical input for all seafarers that will be required to take action in the event of a fire. The focus is on using firefighting equipment and Breathing Apparatus to exinguish carious types and sizes of fire including casuality rescue in smoked filled enclosed spaces.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to understand:
- The basic principles of fire
- Theoretical and practical operations of fire extinguishing equipment
- Appreciation of the hazards involved in firefighting at sea
- Fire prevention required on board ship
- Knowledge of first aid firefighting at sea using portable /semi-portable extinguishers
- Understanding of fixed installations on ships at sea
- Search and Rescue procedures and training
- The basic use of self-contained breathing apparatus set
Certificates will be awarded to all successfully completing the course.Course accredited by the Marine and Coastgaurd Agency MCA.
Note: Delegates undergoing firefighting training will be required to complete and sign a confidential medical declaration to make us aware of any health problems, disabilities or injuries that we may need to take into account whilst attending this phyiscally demanding course. It is therfore essentianl that delegates feel healthy and are physically fit to undertake such training.
Contact: Should you require any further information regarding courses MF&RS deliver please click on the Enquiries tab and send us a message.