Stability (Master, Yacht)
- Course Type:
- Master (Yachts) – Stability
- Training School:
- LJMU Maritime Centre
- Birkenhead, Wirral, United Kingdom
- 5 days
Appropriate seatime to obtain NOE from MCA
Candidates’ knowledge is assessed throughout the course to prepare them for the IAMI written examination for this module. The examination is a 2.5 hour written examination consisting of two parts.
- Part A will consist of 4 questions involving calculations and curves of Statical Stability
- Part B with two theory questions.
A minimum mark of 40% must be achieved in each section with an overall 60% marks to achieve a pass.
Classroom theory sessions complemented by practical exercises for ship stability calculations.
This course is designed to prepare candidates for their Master (Yachts) - Stability written examination that is based on the following topics:
- Basic Principles
- List and Related Problems
- Curves of Statical Stability
- Loll, Dry Docking and Longitudinal Stability
Upon course completion, candidates receive a ‘course completion’ certificate which is a pre-requisite for sitting the written examination.