Company Security Officer
- Course Type:
- Company Security Officer
- Training School:
- LJMU Maritime Centre
- Birkenhead, Wirral, United Kingdom
- 4 days
Oral questions and participation in group exercises.
Classroom theory sessions combined with workshops and group exercises.
MCA as per the ISPS Code
This intensive course meets the requirements of the MCA / MNTB company security officer specifications. It has been designed to give delegates a full understanding of the Code, how to implement the Code and related legislation to fulfil the documentation requirements and maintain an effective security system for their operation.
Running over 4 days, the Course is highly realistic and practical in nature combining considerable role play and exercises to consolidate the theoretical material. The course can be presented offsite anywhere in the world to a client's requirements.
Upon successful completion of the Course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the Principles and Responsibilities of National and International Requirements;
- Maintain ship security plans;
- Appreciate Security Levels;
- Develop and maintain measures for the control of access to the vessel;
- Conduct ship security and risk assessments;
- Implement effective search mechanisms and security controls.
In addition to a formal examination delegates will be assessed by oral questioning, practical role play performance and within group workshop activities.