Ship Security Officer
- Course Type:
- Ship Security Officer
- Training School:
- LJMU Maritime Centre
- Birkenhead, Wirral, United Kingdom
- 3 days
SHIP SECURITY OFFICER (STCW A-VI/5)
At least 12 months’ seagoing experience and knowledge of vessel operations.
Ongoing assessment throughout the course including participation in group work for table top exercises.
Classroom theory sessions combined with practical group exercises.
MCA as per the STCW Code section A-VI/5 and IMO Model Course 3.19
This 3 day intensive course meets the requirements of the IMO Model Course 3.19 for ship security officers and has been designed to give delegates a full understanding of the Code, how to implement the Code and related legislation to fulfil the documentation requirements and maintain an effective security system for their operation. The course is mandatory for ship’s officers who are delegated the responsibility of becoming a ship security officer.
The Course is highly realistic and practical in nature combining considerable role play and exercises to consolidate the theoretical material. In addition to the LJMU Maritime Centre, the course can be presented worldwide and to a client's requirements. Upon successful completion of the Course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the Principles and Responsibilities of National and International Requirements.
- Maintain ship security plans
- Appreciate Security Levels
- Develop and maintain measures for the control of access to the vessel
- Conduct ship security and risk assessments
- Implement effective search mechanisms and security controls
In addition to a formal examination delegates will be assessed by oral questioning, practical role play performance and within group workshop activities.