GMDSS - Restricted Operator's Course
- Course Type:
- Additional STCW courses
- Training School:
- LJMU Maritime Centre
- Birkenhead, Wirral, United Kingdom
- 4 days
GMDSS Restricted Operators Course (ROC) (STCW A-IV/2)
Basic computer operation skills, knowledge of phonetic alphabets and International Code of Signals
Examination administered by AMERC. For the issue of a certificate candidates must:
- Be not less than 18 years of age;
- Meet the standards of competency in Table A-1V/2 of the STCW Code;
- Pass the ROC Practical & Theoretical Examination.
Classroom theory sessions combined with practical exercises on the use of all communication equipment in LJMU’s GMDSS simulation suit.
MCA as per the STCW Code section A-IV/2
This intense 4 day course is intended for Seafarers who require a Global Maritime, Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) Restricted Operators certificate in accordance with Section A-IV2 of the STCW Code who intend to operate within GMDSS Sea Area A1 (VHF range).
The Course has both Theoretical and Practical Examinable modules. Practical exercises form a significant part of the course.
Upon successful completion of the Course and success in the examinations, the candidate will have knowledge of the GMDSS System and be able to take Charge of communications with the relevant rescue authority in emergency situations. They will be able to:
- Communicate using terrestrial systems operating in very high frequency bands.
- Use Digital selective calling devices
- Operate and Test SART’s & EPIRB’s
- Use ITU and ALRS Publications
- Carry out maintenance procedures for batteries and Aerials.