Ship Security Officer
£695 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Ship Security Officer
- Training School:
- Securewest Training
- Plymouth, United Kingdom
- 3 days
Ship Security Officer STCW reg VI/6 Sect. A-VI/5 & the MNTB guidelines
This course aims to provide knowledge to those who may be designated to perform the duties and/or hold the responsibilities of a Ship Security Officer (SSO), as defined in the ISPS Code, and the Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA). In particular the duties and responsibilities of an SSO with respect to the security of a ship, for ensuring the development of a Ship Security Assessment, and for implementing, maintaining and updating a Ship Security Plan.
This course will also prepare individuals for liaison with existing Company Security Officers (CSOs) and Port Facility Security Officers (PFSOs).
- The SSO's Duties & Responsibilities
- An Introduction to the ISPS Code
- Maintaining Ship Security Assessments & Plans
- Understand the Maritime Ship Security Levels
- The Safeguarding of Sensitive Security Related Information
- Conduct Ship Security and Risk Assessments
- Maritime Security Policy & Procedures
- Security Verification & Certification
- Training Requirements for Security & Non-Security Personnel
- International Legislation & Organisations
- The Use, Testing and Maintenance of Security Equipment
- The Handling and Safeguarding of Stowaways & Refugees
- The Ship Security Assessment
- The Security Survey
- The Ship Security Plan
If you are looking to progress your career and become a Ship Security Officer, then this course is for you. Following the 3 day of educational training you will obtain the SSO qualification to launch you into your exciting career ahead.
Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA) approved.