STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boat (Refresher)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than Fast Rescue Boats)
- Training School:
- Red Ensign Maritime Training
- Cowes, United Kingdom
- 1 day
The aim of the course is to ensure that the delegate can safely take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch.
Content & Objectives
By the end of the course participants will be able to
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch
- Operate a survival craft engine
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship
- Use locating devices, including communication and signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics
- Apply first aid to survivors
Please note that some of our specialist courses, like this one, require a minimum number of delegates to go ahead. If we do not have the required number of people booked, we will notify you at least 10 days prior to the start date of the course and refund your deposit payment.
The course comprises of hands-on practical use of Lifeboats and rescue boats with participation in physically demanding in-water scenarios.The crew’s competence is assessed through their active participation during the practical sessions and theory sessions that are taught in the classroom.
You should be over 18 years of age and be in possession of an existing STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats certificate to take advantage of the reduced price for the refresher training.
- Certificate of STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- Please remember to bring your previous STCW certificates otherwise you will not be eligible for the refresher training!