STCW Shipboard Safety Officer
- Course Type:
- Shipboard Safety Officer
- Training School:
- Red Ensign Maritime Training
- Cowes, United Kingdom
- 3 days
This course will provide the necessary knowledge and information to those designated to perform the duties and responsibilities of Ship Safety Officer.
Content & Objectives
The course will include
- International health and safety legislation
- Duties of the employer
- Duties of Safety Officer
- Powers of safety representatives
- ISM Code Safety Management System procedures
- Accident reduction
- Hazard identification
- Creating a safety culture
Practical sessions will include
- Risk assessment
- Safety inspections
- Creating a safety culture through teamwork.
This course is classroom based at our training centre in Cowes.
You should be over 18 years of age and have a minimum of 12 months sea time documented in a Seaman’s Discharge Book.