Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (STCW A-VI/6-2)
£234 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Designated Security Duties
- Training School:
- Train2Survive Ltd
- Plymouth, Devon & Cornwall, United Kingdom
- 1 day
In accordance to the revised STCW 2010 Code as of 1st January 2014 any seafarer who has designated security duties will need to undertake approved security training meeting the requirements to the STCW Code A-VI/6-2.
This one day Proficiency in Designated Security Duties course will provide those undertaking designated security duties on board ship with the essential training, education, understanding and proficiency requirements set out in the STCW Code.
The course will cover why ship security is important, the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved in ship security, what constitutes a security risk, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations, and the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems.
- Background and Operational requirements of the ISPS Code and SOLAS amendments
- Ship security arrangements, security levels and threats
- Methods of personnel search, ship search and crowd management
- Techniques used to circumvent security
- Identification of restricted areas on board ship, including methods to prevent unauthorised access
- Responsibilities of the company, CSO, SSO, the Master, PFSP and persons with designated security duties
- Communication Security
- Response to a security incident