STCW Medical Care Onboard Ship
£708 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Medical Care
- Training School:
- Maersk Training Aberdeen Ltd
- Portlethen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- 5 days
The Medical Care Onboard Ship course is designed to provide delegates with the required knowledge that will allow them to take control of medical care onboard a ship in accordance with Regulation V1/4 of the annex to the STCW Convention and Section A-V1/4 (4-6) OF THE STCW code, and the Merchant Shipping (Training and Certification) regulations 1997.
The syllabus consists of a combination of 8 practical and theory based modules.
- Module 1 - Patient Management (General and Specific)
- Module 2 - Medication, equipment and information
- Module 3 - Communications
- Module 4 - Communicable diseases
- Module 5 - Wounds, injuries and the abdomen
- Module 6 - ENT, Dental and Ophthalmic
- Module 7 - The cardio Vascular and Respiratory systems
- Module 8 - Making a diagnosis
Delegates are continually assessed during the course and a final assessment will be carried out by external examiners. Delegates who satisfy the criteria and have demonstrated capability during the course, will be issued with a certificate which complies with the STCW95 code.
Delegates must be at least 21 years of age and must hold a Medical First Aid on Board Ship certificate, issued within the last five years.