Basic Training (Original - 5 Day)
- Course Type:
- STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Gulf Coast Maritime Academy
- Tampa, Florida, United States of America
- 5 days
STCW Basic Safety Training (BST) is required for seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship at all levels such as deck and engine room rating qualifications, for most navigation, and all engineering certificates of competency. The course is for new entrants to the larger ships in the marine industry, or experienced mariners who have not had previous safety training, with the knowledge and skills to contain, report, and respond to a marine emergency, fight fires, abandon ship and understand the basics of workplace safety.
The STCW Basic Safety Training course is also the legal minimum requirement for anyone looking for commercial work aboard vessels over 24 meters, including Superyachts and Cruise ships. For receiving a certificate of Basic Safety Training, the delegate must not younger than 18 years, and meet the standard of competence for certificates of Basic Safety Training set out in various STCW sections. Participants will be assessed against the learning outcomes by using direct observation and oral and/or written questions as appropriate.
After successful completion of the Basic Training, certification will be valid for 5 years. With the implementation of the STCW 2010, delegates must provide evidence of having the competencies by completing refresher training every 5 years, as described in the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 18th March 2019 (16 places)
- 15th April 2019 (16 places)
- 20th May 2019 (16 places)
- 17th June 2019 (16 places)
- 15th July 2019 (16 places)
- 19th August 2019 (16 places)
- 16th September 2019 (16 places)
- 21st October 2019 (16 places)
- 25th November 2019 (16 places)
- 16th December 2019 (16 places)