STCW Updated Proficiency In Advanced Firefighting
£230.40 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Advanced Firefighting
- Training School:
- Devon & Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (Red One)
- Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom
- 1 day
If you are looking for an STCW training provider who has scored 100%* for course experience, then choose Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.
This Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) approved STCW Update in Advanced Training in Fire Prevention & Firefighting course is provided by Red One. Red One (the commercial trading arm of Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service) provide all STCW courses that are delivered at our live fire station in Plymouth by firefighters who share a genuine passion for fire prevention and maritime safety.
Red One is the only training provider in Devon who provides the STCW Updated Proficiency in Advanced Firefighting course.
The course updates candidates knowledge and understanding through classroom based learning.
- Table A-VI/3 (From STCW code 95)
- Recap on classifications of fire, firefighting equipment and techniques
- Breathing apparatus
- Heat levels
- Communications and coordination during fire fighting operations
- Search and rescue
- Fixed installations
- Organisation (fire party systems)
- Command and control
- Fire investigation case histories
- Legislation: requirements for statutory and classification surveys
- Merchant Shipping Statutory Instruments IMO – SOLAS – IMDG
*We collected feedback from 523 maritime course attendees between 2016-2018. All data accurate as of 10/08/2018.
“Did the venue meet your expectations?” - 100% YES
“Was the course experience good?” - 100% YES
“Were there adequate safety precautions?” - 100% YES
“Did the facilities meet your expectations?” - 99% YES
“Was there adequate training variety?” - 99% YES
“Was the catering value for money?” - 99% YES
“Was the course value for money?” - 99% YES
Instructors’ skills - 99.8% marked us 5/5.
Instructors’ attitude - 99.2% marked us 5/5.
Equipment condition, storage condition, clothing - 90% marked us 5/5
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 12th July 2019 (12 places)