- Job type: Permanent
- Job reference: : BBBH115466
- Location: USA, Florida, Miami
- Sector: Onshore Marine Support, Marine
- Salary: Negotiable
- Date posted: 05/12/2017
Partner with Shipboard personnel
The Hotel Superintendent is in charge of all Hotel Maintenance needs including inspections, repairs, certificate requirements, modifications and dry dockings of vessels. The Hotel Superintendent will provide constant updates on reported hotel deficiencies, damages and non-conformities to onboard and shoreside management.
- Lead the long-term technical operations planning for Hotel Operations through inspections and reporting of the vessel's hotel conditions, repairs and maintenance, dry-dock specifications for the Hotel, following overall vessel repair and maintenance requirements and all statutory inspection criteria and any required actions and ensure completion and follow through.
- Control and monitor execution of Hotel activities connected with maintenance, repairs, surveys and certificate requirements, conversion, modification and dry dockings of vessels.
- Partner with onboard and shoreside management to ensure clearance of Hotel repairs, reported Hotel deficiencies, damages and non-conformities with the support of assigned project manager and company field specialists.
- Process service orders and requisitions for hotel related issues and coordinate logistics for hotel service providers
- Verify and approve requisitions for spares, services and consumables and materials for assigned Hotel accounts. Cooperate with Purchasing Department in evaluation of suppliers, vendors and product proposals.
- Manage hotel technical operations budget.
- Bachelor's Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or related field
- 7 - 10 years of experience in related field
- Solid knowledge of marine technical and regulatory compliance
- Sound budgeting skills to manage technical budget for assigned vessels
- Extensive working knowledge of marine technical systems
- Organizational skills to coordinate multiple ship activities simultaneously
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team based environment
- Good leadership and effective management skills
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills for frequent staff interactions
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office
Only applications from candidates from Western Europe and Central Europe will be accepted.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (35)
- Deck Rating Jobs (15)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (57)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (3)
- Catering Rating Jobs (12)
- Specialist Jobs (0)
- Other Maritime Jobs (53)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (30)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (3)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (7)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (13)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (1)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (0)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (4)
- Offshore Jobs (8)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (3)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (4)
- Other Offshore Jobs (0)