Technical Operations Manager
- Job type: Permanent
- Job reference: : BBBH115469
- Location: USA, Florida, Miami
- Sector: Onshore Marine Support, Marine
- Salary: Up to £0.00 per annum
- Date posted: 05/12/2017
- Manage Shipboard activity and/or process
- Collaborate with both Shoreside and Shipboard
The Technical Operations Manager serves as the single point of contact for all ship technical issues, this includes day to day service and troubleshooting, as well as proactive planning and budgeting for all technical matters in assigned ships. Also, be responsible for compliance and regulation communication to shipside management.
- Lead the long-term technical operations planning. This includes the annual planning and budgeting process for assigned ships (while assuring stakeholder input and timely delivery to the TOL) and dry-dock specifications, following overall vessel repair and maintenance requirements.
- Ensure implementation of the PMS onboard and work with various departments and teams to ensure completion.
- Execute activities connected with maintenance, repairs, surveys and certificate requirements, conversion, modification and dry dockings of vessels in a timely manner.
- Monitor and maintain Info ship (software) to ensure safe operation and performance of ships.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to ships by coordinating with other marine operations and internal and external stakeholders to provide service to assigned ships and coordinating with asset managers as required to troubleshoot ship technical issues
- Serve as single point of contact for technical issues for assigned ships and communicate relevant technical updates, information and new regulations to appropriate shipside management.
- Manage fleet technical operations budget for assigned ships and approve requisitions for spares, materials, services and consumables in line with the budget
- Bachelor's Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or related field
- 7 - 10 years of experience in related field
- Solid knowledge of marine technical and regulatory compliance.
- Sound budgeting skills to manage technical budget for assigned vessels.
- Extensive working knowledge of marine technical systems.
- Organizational skills to coordinate multiple ship activities simultaneously.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team based environment.
- Good leadership and effective management skills.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills for frequent staff interactions.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (40)
- Deck Rating Jobs (17)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (66)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (14)
- Catering Rating Jobs (17)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (51)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (16)
- Offshore Jobs (56)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (2)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (1)
- Other Offshore Jobs (51)