Assistant Technical Operations Manager
- Job type: Permanent
- Job reference: : BBBH117778
- Location: USA, Florida, Miami
- Sector: Marine Superintendents, Marine
- Salary: Up to £0.00 per annum
- Date posted: 05/12/2017
Partner with Shipboard personnel
The Assistant Technical Operations Manager will support the Technical Operations Manager, Hotel Superintendent and Technical Operations Director by managing logistical and procurement tasks and through proactive follow up on delinquent PO's, cabin request, among others. The Assistant Technical Operations Manager will serve as point of contact for all ship technical issues when the Technical Operations Manager is not available and will monitor data collected from ship technical performance reporting to provide recommendations for long-term technical operations planning.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for ship maintenance including the development of execution plans for services delegated by the Technical Ship Leaders, completion of items identified in service order checklists, timely delivery for services and parts required by ships and processing approved requisitions.
- Collaborate and communicate cross-functionally with shared services to book cabins and acquire riding teams for assigned ships as needed to service ship requirements.
- Collect and analyze data for ship technical performance reporting to support Technical Ship Leaders in providing technical operations solutions and long-term planning.
- Provide support to Technical Ship Leaders for annual planning and budgeting process, weekly meetings, ship maintenance requirements, identification of service providers, and others as required.
- Follow up with purchasing for overdue items and provide frequent status updates to Technical Ship Leader as required.
- Serve as back up to the Technical Ship Leaders in providing support for all ship technical issues as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience in technical marine operations
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills for frequent interactions with Shoreside staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with others from multiple departments across CCL.
- Knowledge of marine technical and regulatory compliance.
- Organizational skills to coordinate multiple ship activities simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of CCL procurement process
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (34)
- Deck Rating Jobs (17)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (39)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (9)
- Catering Rating Jobs (11)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (68)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (21)
- Offshore Jobs (10)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (3)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (4)
- Other Offshore Jobs (0)