Shipping General Manager
- March 19, 2017
- Spencer Ogden
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs
- Vessel type:
- US$12250 per month
- United Arab Emirates, Dubai
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Reference: HS_101102_D
- Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
- Sector: Corporate, Sales, Marine
- Salary: US$12250 per month
- Date Posted: 17/01/2017
- Constantly monitor business performance of the Oil Tanker Company against budget/plan.
- Restructure the operations of the group through insourcing of technical and commercial services that are currently outsourced to third party providers
- Developing relations with Financial Institutions to optimize the efficient use of the group's balance sheet for vessel acquisitions.
- Formulate and implement appropriate business strategies and plans which achieve the company objectives
- Plan and implement process and procedures that will deliver stretched business KPIs, with particular emphasis on profitability.
- Identify and develop new market segments and commercial opportunities and that satisfy the requirements of key stakeholders.
- Direct the formulation and implementation of the 5 year business plan.
- Develop and implement operational policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with industry regulations.
- Lead and manage a high performing team that delivers to best in class standards
- Play key role in recruiting, and developing talented senior staff
- Minimum 15-20 years of experience in commercial operations in shipping industry, preferably in Oil Tanker Company out of which 4 years should be in a senior managerial position, including P&L responsibility.
- Excellent Oil Tanker Industry Knowledge - both commercial, operational and legal.
- Excellent Knowledge of local oil tanker market
- Ability to think strategically and to provide strategic leadership
- Very good networking, communication, analytical and logical skill
- Good computer skills especially ERP systems relevant to shipping industry.
Salary is MAX 45k AED p/m all inc (apart from bonus)
For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office
Only applications from candidates from Western Europe and Central Europe will be accepted.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (49)
- Deck Rating Jobs (22)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (73)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (5)
- Catering Rating Jobs (10)
- Specialist Jobs (1)
- Other Maritime Jobs (44)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (25)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (1)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (15)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (2)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (0)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (3)
- Offshore Jobs (5)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (3)
- Other Offshore Jobs (0)