MIG Aluminum Welders
- January 6, 2017
- Trades/Technician Jobs
- Vessel type:
- USA, Alabama, Mobile
- Job Type: Contract
- Job Reference: 972_LM_632
- Location: USA, Alabama, Mobile
- Sector: Craft Services, Marine
- Salary: Negotiable
- Date Posted: 07/12/2016
Position is a long-term, ongoing contract opportunity seeking MIG Aluminum Welders preferably in the marine industry (OEM/O&G/shipyard). The ideal candidates will be conducting MIG Aluminum welding for marine ship/vessel construction & repair in Mobile, AL (non-locals only).
- Paid Benefits (health,dental,vision)
- Hourly Salary + Daily Per Diem
- 40hrs + OT weekly
- long-term employment (2+years)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must live 50 miles or more from Mobile, AL
- Must have mig aluminum welding experience in last 6 months
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in mig welding on aluminum
- Must be able to weld in 2g, 3g, & 4g positions
- Must have demonstrated experience with single-pass & multi-pass fillets in all positions and multi-pass full penetration joint details for all joint & material thickness
- Must have demonstrated experience welding butt joints,t-bar wraps,gusset toe,frame wraps
- Must be experienced in x-ray aluminum mig welding
- Ability to weld materials 4mm-25mm thick & continuously weld for 400mm
- Must be experience working with miller saws, sanders, grinders, burr motors, band saws, skill saws, saws-all, mig welding
- machines, mig guns, etc
- Must have valid passport & drivers license
- Must be able to bend, squat, stoop, crawl, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull 20lbs-75lbs
- Marine experience preferred
To apply, qualified candidates must send updated resume to email@example.com to be considered for placement.
MIG, GMAW, Aluminum, Welding, Shipyard, Vessel, Marine
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office
Work Experience Requirements
All aplicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (36)
- Deck Rating Jobs (7)
- Specialist Jobs (0)
- Catering Rating Jobs (25)
- Other Maritime Jobs (36)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (63)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (3)
- Offshore Jobs (6)
- Shore Side Jobs (13)