- Posted by:
- Seamariner Limited
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs
- Vessel type:
- Research / Survey
- May 11, 2023
Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor on a temporary basis, start date to be confirmed. Please note this is a shore-based position in Merstham.
- Ensure that all processes in the workplace are carried out in a safe and environmentally acceptable manner in accordance with the policies of the company and the Integrated Management System.
- Measure works produced by Contracting operations and subcontractors.
- Liaise with customer representatives, where necessary, to agree quantities of work carried out.
- Ensure that all work is recorded including additional items that may require additional payment, liaising with members of the site team who will assist with this.
- Submit valuations and invoices in accordance with the contract and ensure that customers are given every encouragement and ability to pay accounts in accordance with the contract.
- Produce timely cost/value reports that monitor the financial progress of contracts or elements
- In conjunction with site managers and commercial staff place subcontracts that meet the commercial and quality requirements of the company.
- Measure and pay subcontractors and where required other suppliers in accordance with their terms and conditions of contract.
- Assist and guide junior staff and trainees in quantity surveying practice where appropriate.
- Carry out any other tasks that may reasonably be requested by the company.
- Compliance with ICS Controls
Time management of self and others, ensuring all duties are completed in a timely manner.
Respond to ad hoc requests.
Operate in line with Health and Safety Procedures, AI's Brand Values, Competition Law Compliance and other business processes and procedures.
Maintain a clean and workmanlike appearance, keeping clothing and PPE is a good serviceable condition.
Collaborate with the client to achieve the best possible outcome for the client, supply chain partners and AI.
Timely completion of paperwork in line with work processes and KPI achievement.
Conduct ad hoc archiving and administration in line with management expectations.
KPI's (Key performance indicators)
Health & Safety
Target zero harm.
Maximise value out of contracts
Deliver enhanced Value to AI Group through innovative thinking
Knowledge, Skills, Attitudes
Area Essential Desirable (for new starters only)
- Detail conscious and accuracy
- Self confidence
- Self motivation/initiative
- Team working
- Interpersonal skills
- Organisation and planning/time management
- Product knowledge
- Company structure, functions relevant policies and procedures
- Public relations
Successful completion of Induction Training (see Induction Checklist)
Measurement against KPI’s
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Deck Officer Jobs (107)
- Deck Rating Jobs (25)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (135)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (16)
- Catering Rating Jobs (30)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (90)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (39)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (4)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (16)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (7)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (6)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (1)
- Offshore Jobs (18)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (3)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (4)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (3)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (0)
- Other Offshore Jobs (0)
Share this page: