Operational Planner & Technical Engineer – London
A large telecommunications company based in London has a permanent position available for an Operational Planner and Technical Engineer to join the team. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the overall Land based plan of work across all projects (for Fibre Optic and Earth Cable installation, System Earth installation and associated Civil Works infrastructure). The technical review and update of all Land section procedures, specifications scopes, and reporting requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce and maintain regular overall plans of work based on individual project plans. This will include associated plans for both resources, internal and external, and equipment.
- Liaison with subcontracted agencies for the provision of on-site representatives, for visa requirements, and with Logistics on the shipment of tools and equipment
- Support in the production of survey and installation scopes of work and MOPs to cover all aspects of the Land section’s responsibilities.
- Manage and maintain section files and data base for all scopes of work, methods of procedure and technical descriptions, in liaison with Calais R&D, Purchasing and the Project team; also ensuring H&S Risk Assessments are captured centrally.
- Support and maintain field reporting templates and archive to achieve consistent and high level of project reporting, including final reports.
- Develop and introduce technology-based improvements to scopes, procedures and reports.
- Support to Bid, Project and Permit teams with description documentation, design proposals, installation methodologies and guidelines.
- Technical support for the Bid, Projects, and After Sales for any Remedial works.
- Planning and Technical support to the wider Landfall Operations team.
Skills and Qualifications:
The Planner and Technical Engineer should have the following qualification and experience, or equivalent:
- Solid Experience within a technical discipline, ideally related to installation operations.
- Good command of planning tools, in particular MS Project is essential
- A working knowledge of technical documentation.
- Proven track record in technical writing, including reports and methods of procedure.
- Ability to understand, manage and deliver tasks on time.
- Ability to contribute technical knowledge to proposals and reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage meetings and present plans to other departments.
- Innovative, creative and proactive with a solution-oriented approach.
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Full, clean driving licence and passport.
Predominantly office based with possible limited travel and for this reason, applicants must be located within a commutable distance to Central London.
Applicants must hold an existing right to live and work in the UK.
If you have the experience and this position sounds like the right role for you then email hidden link - please login or apply today.
Navis Consulting; keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The post Operational Planner & Technical Engineer – London appeared first on Navis Consulting.
- Deck Officer Jobs (162)
- Deck Rating Jobs (65)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (202)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (72)
- Catering Rating Jobs (43)
- Specialist Jobs (20)
- Other Maritime Jobs (62)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (48)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (8)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (17)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (8)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (8)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (3)
- Offshore Jobs (6)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (1)
- Other Offshore Jobs (0)