Able Seaman for MV Charming
- Job ID: 8883
- Rank: A/B
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Mar 1, 2022
- Type of Vessel: Passenger Ship
- Engine Details: Sulzer 16ZAV40S
- DWT / GRT: 8293
ABLE SEAMAN for cruise vessel MV Charming
Embarkation September 2021
Functions and Responsibility
The Able Seaman functions and responsibility shall include, but not be limited to:
▪ To perform sea watch and land watch duties as instructed and to carry out maintenance work and other operational tasks as assigned.
▪ To familiarize himself with regulations and work procedures pertaining to tasks to be executed.
▪ To execute assigned tasks in conformance with work procedures and/or quality plans as instructed by the Duty Officer or the Boatswain.
▪ To execute assigned tasks safely, to the best of his ability, and to report hazardous conditions without delay to the Duty Officer or the Boatswain.
▪ Hazardous work such as entry into enclosed spaces, hot work and work aloft shall not be undertaken without prior approval by the Chief Officer.
▪ To carry out tendering and water sport operation according to procedures described in the SMS, etc.
▪ To supervise Ordinary Seamen as assigned.
▪ Read and understand the Material Data Safety Sheet, which describes how to use Chemicals and what to do in case of a chemical emergency, splashing in eyes, or ingestion.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (116)
- Deck Rating Jobs (45)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (113)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (51)
- Catering Rating Jobs (33)
- Specialist Jobs (17)
- Other Maritime Jobs (65)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (32)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (4)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (16)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (6)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (3)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (6)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (1)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (2)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (1)
- Other Offshore Jobs (0)