Naval Architect required for our ship-owner/manager client based in Glasgow.
The Successful Applicant
- MEng / MSc in Naval Architecture (or related engineering discipline).
- Sufficient understanding in the underlying engineering principles in the areas of marine structures, hydrodynamics, stability, marine systems, surveys, conversions of combinations of these according to the role requirements.
- Familiarity with class / flag regulations / international regulations applicable.
- Familiarity with industry standard software (ANSYS, Abaqus, NAPA, etc.).
- Observe and implement the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Contribute to the design and analysis activities in the fields of marine structures, hydrodynamics, stability, surveys, conversions or combinations of these.
- Provide input in the form of numerical calculations (FEA, CFD, NAPA, etc.), and hand calculations according to the requirements of each job and under the guidance of the Senior Engineer in charge of a technical tasks, or a Principal Engineer in charge of a commercial project.
- Contribute to the development of technical drawings and arrangements and check them as the need may be.
- Demonstrate potential to develop to Senior Engineer level.
- Contribute to the marketing and promotion of the company services with suitable (technical) material (demonstrations, case studies, presentations, etc.) under the guidance of the Top Management.
- Travel as required for the delivery of each job.
- You may be asked from time to time to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position.
Remuneration Package on Offer
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Deck Officer Jobs (41)
- Deck Rating Jobs (16)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (59)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (2)
- Catering Rating Jobs (9)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (48)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (49)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (10)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (21)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (7)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (3)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (4)
- Offshore Jobs (44)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (3)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (3)
- Other Offshore Jobs (36)