Senior Marine Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Marine Design Engineer for our Shipbuilding client, based outside of Glasgow. The role is responsible for the design and engineering of ships piping and mechanical systems, machinery and installations and to ensure that deliverables comply with project requirements (specs, budget, time) and applicable laws and regulations. The Senior Marine Design Engineer will be part of multidisciplinary teams working in a complex project environment. They will align, collaborate, and provide expertise and technical information to Customers, Drawing Office, Production Dept. and third parties (subcontractors, suppliers).
The Successful Applicant
- Recognised qualification in Marine Design Engineering.
- 5+ years relevant professional technical experience, preferably within the Shipbuilding industry.
- Experienced working in complex project environments within commercial industrial businesses.
- Broad technical expertise in the field of ships marine systems and engineering.
- Familiar with national and international standards and regulations.
- Proficient in detailed engineering with Calculation & Engineering software.
- Experience of successfully delivering complex technical products from initial design definition through to final test and acceptance into service.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills and experience with leading diverse teams, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Experience of managing significant value (financial, strategic) projects to challenging timescales, budgets and requirements.
- Good commercial skills and awareness of relevant contractual aspects associated with project delivery.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and negotiate directly with key external stakeholders, often in overseas environments.
- Design, review and specification of marine system diagrams and P&IDs.
- Prepare technical proposals for Customers and resolve technical queries.
- Formulate technical specifications in accordance with Customer requirements.
- Support the preparation of submittals to relevant Classification Society and other regulatory bodies.
- Perform design studies and prepare basic design documents (system diagrams, heat balance, pump sizing etc.).
- Make technical calculations for heat and cooling loads, pressure loss calculation, pipe sizing, pump and valve selection; interpret data, evaluate feasibility and assess risks.
- Compose detailed 2D design and drawings including instructions for construction (Machinery Arrangement, P&ID systems diagrams; heat balance).
- Review of 3D design model.
- Prepare Bill of Materials including technical procurement details.
- Support the development of standard technical processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems during construction stage.
- Maintain technical documentation.
- Production support through build, including management of change process.
Remuneration Package on Offer
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Deck Officer Jobs (41)
- Deck Rating Jobs (16)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (59)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (2)
- Catering Rating Jobs (9)
- Specialist Jobs (2)
- Other Maritime Jobs (48)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (49)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (2)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (10)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (21)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (7)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (3)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (4)
- Offshore Jobs (44)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (0)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (3)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (3)
- Other Offshore Jobs (36)