Fishing Mate - North Sea - J17094
We are currently looking for Fishing Mate's for one of their clients
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall health and safety of all crew and visitors, the vessel and the environment, in accordance with legislation and company policies.
- Ensure defective equipment affecting the safety or seaworthiness of the vessel is repaired or replaced, in collaboration with the Superintendent.
- Ensure policies on the use of personal protective equipment and safe work procedures are followed by those on the vessel, as well as adherence to drug and alcohol policies.
- Operate in compliance with the fishing license conditions, standing orders, company policies & procedures.
- Collaborate with the on-shore team to ensure optimal fishing.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with crew and onshore team during each trip, to ensure all personnel involved are aware of the trip plan and progress.
- Ensure all crew qualifications meet or exceed the level of training required.
- Select the appropriate number of crew for the trip, keeping in mind the fishing conditions in the area and production requirements.
- Manage crew member performance, through training, coaching, and any disciplinary measures as required.
- Send all departments inventory logs electronically as directed.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all records and log books as required.
- Carry out regular vessel rounds to check for safety issues and mechanical functions.
- Relevant certification (Class 1 / Class 2) in relation to the vessel being skippered.
- All necessary Seafish certification.
- Scallop fishing experience advantageous but not essential
A competitive remuneration and rotational time at home package is on offer to the right candidate.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Deck Officer Jobs (63)
- Deck Rating Jobs (26)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (84)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (11)
- Catering Rating Jobs (21)
- Specialist Jobs (4)
- Other Maritime Jobs (95)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (34)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (3)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (11)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (14)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (3)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (1)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (63)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (2)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (3)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (7)
- Other Offshore Jobs (49)