Marine Technical Engineer (Oil & Gas) - Aberdeen
- Location: Aberdeen, Aberdeen City, Scotland
- Salary: Neg
- Job type: Permanent
- Category: Technical Shipping
- Job Reference: 99156
- Posted on: 7 May 2019
Marine Technical Engineer (Oil & Gas) - Permanent – Aberdeen - Competitive
An international Oil & Gas organisation is currently recruiting for a Marine Technical Engineer based in the office in Aberdeen.
This position is to join the busy Offshore Resources department as part of the Marine Technical Support team who are responsible for Technical and Maintenance matters across the fleet of vessels.
Key responsibilities include;
- Acting as a key member of vessel team as Marine Technical Engineer responsible for supporting the Vessel Superintendents with technical operating issues.
- Focal point for contact with vessels concerning Marine Engineering issues and planned maintenance system.
- Involvement as required to assist Vessel Superintendent on emergency and planned maintenance marine/vessel related systems.
- Provide technical expertise on marine systems in general.
- Involved in analysis of ship performance and technical improvements to be implemented in ship maintenance systems.
- Review results of condition monitoring systems and if required initiate changes to Planned or Condition Based Maintenance Systems.
- Promote planned maintenance across the fleet and encourage users to engage with the systems/procedures in place.
- Involved in planning, budgeting, performing and commissioning/testing of ship dockings, modifications and repairs.
- Liaise with Classification Societies and Maritime Authorities relevant to maintenance of vessel certification.
- Supports the professional and career development of self through continued professional training, mentoring and on the job development
The ideal candidate will have excellent demonstrable knowledge of offshore vessel marine engineering systems and have thorough knowledge of marine activities relative to vessel operating parameters.
You will also have sufficient technical knowledge to contribute towards the resolution of technical problems.
The successful individual will have sailed in an Engineering capacity on-board and have previous shore-based experience in an offshore environment.
On offer is a competitive salary.ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on ships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications
Mandatory STCW certificates are required from all applicants.
Please sign up for STCW courses and obtain the certificates if you don't have them yet.
- Deck Officer Jobs (63)
- Deck Rating Jobs (26)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (84)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (11)
- Catering Rating Jobs (21)
- Specialist Jobs (4)
- Other Maritime Jobs (95)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (34)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (3)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (11)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (14)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (3)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (1)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (63)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (2)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (3)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (7)
- Other Offshore Jobs (49)