Port and Marine Risk Manager
We have an exciting new opportunity, based in Belfast, for a Port and Marine Risk Manager. Reporting to the HSEQ Manger you will be providing professional knowledge, experience and advice to fleet groups as required
You will be part of the HSEQ department, assisting the Fleet Groups in implementing and maintaining the certification of vessels in line with the requirements of the ISM code, legal and other standards to which the Company subscribes.
- Promote Safety within the fleet.
- Monitoring the internal audit schedules for vessels within the Fleet Group to which they are assigned.
- Perform shipboard audits to achieve and maintain certification in accordance with legal and other standards to which the Company subscribes.
- Providing assistance in identifying and implementing corrective and preventative actions required to address non-conformances.
- Preparing accident/incident statistics as required by Line Manager and Management Team.
- Proposing and preparing Safety Flashes, Fleet Circulars, Fleet Guidance Notes and other HSEQ/Marine information for distribution within the fleet.
- Liaising with classification societies and flag state administrations on matters outside the normal day-to-day operations conducted by superintendents including registration of new vessels entering management, vessels leaving management, change of Flag and Class etc.
- Conducting HSEQ inductions for new Senior Officers, giving HSEQ input during Senior Officer Appraisals and visits.
- Assist the Fleet Groups in responding to external inspections such as Flag State, Port State.
- Act as the principal point of contact with Chart Agents to ensure systems are effective and in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Administer the various vessel tracking systems in line with Company and Owners requirements.
- Advise Fleet Groups on all aspects of HSEQ, navigation, cargo issues, lifting equipment, security, general deck operations and associated operational safety.
- Conducting accident and/or incident investigations and preparing any associated report(s).
- Administering Accident, Incident, Near Miss, BBS reports and liaising with the Fleet Group to ensure root causes are identified and effective Corrective/Preventative action is recorded and implemented.
- Reviewing and commenting on Marine and HSEQ items raised in Shipboard Safety Committee Meeting Minutes and Masters Management System Reviews.
- Within their area of expertise, identifying, preparing and reviewing documentation amendments/revisions, software programs and new equipment to meet identified needs in the development of the Company’s Management System.
- Perform the functions required of the Company Security Officer / Alternate CSO where appointed.
- Any other duties as required by the Company’s Management Team.
- Interviewing sea staff recruits within their area(s) of expertise as required
- You may be asked from time to time to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position.
- Emergency Role: Member of the Casualty Response Team
Remuneration Package on Offer
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Deck Officer Jobs (60)
- Deck Rating Jobs (27)
- Engineering Officer Jobs (83)
- Engineering Rating Jobs (9)
- Catering Rating Jobs (25)
- Specialist Jobs (4)
- Other Maritime Jobs (59)
Shore Side Jobs
- Shore Side Jobs (24)
- Marine Executive, Fleet Management and Advisor Jobs (0)
- Business Development, Management and Operational Jobs (4)
- Training, Technical, Project, Superintendent Jobs (16)
- Shore Side Engineer, Surveyor, Inspector Jobs (1)
- Insurance, P&I, Claims Jobs (1)
- HR, Owner Representative, General Office Jobs (2)
- Offshore Jobs (66)
- Drilling / Rig Jobs (1)
- ROV/Diving Jobs (0)
- Production Jobs (0)
- Oilfield Services Jobs (0)
- Procurement & Construction Jobs (0)
- Engineering & Science Jobs (0)
- Geosciences Jobs (0)
- Maintenance & Inspection Jobs (0)
- Health, Safety & Environment Jobs (1)
- Refining & Petrochem Jobs (0)
- Business, IT, HR & Admin Jobs (0)
- Trades & Technicians Jobs (7)
- Other Offshore Jobs (52)